Effective February 1, 2018, all group child care centers must display a performance summary card issued to them by the NYC Department of Health.

Only those child care centers issued permits by the NYC Health Department will receive and are required to post the cards. Home-based programs and school-based programs will not receive this card.

If your child's center has not posted a card after February 1, 2018 you should file a complaint with 311. The card must be at the entrance of the center.

Additional information for parents, including detailed performance information about all group child care centers is available.

Visit the NYC Health Child Care page.

Since April 1, 2018, summonses have been issued, and will continue to be issued, to centers that fail to post their performance card. 

You can receive assistance with:

  • Questions about the information on the card you received
  • Request a replacement card if your card is damaged or defaced
  • Request an updated card because your information has changed


Visit the NYC Health Child Care page.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No