Mobile Milk is a text messaging campaign to encourage and support breastfeeding.
To sign up, text "MILK" to 55676.
There are two types of messages that you can receive: prenatal and postpartum. Prenatal messages will end after you give birth. Postpartum messages will start after you give birth and ends when your baby is 4 months old.
Virtual Baby Cafés
Baby Cafes offer free resources and support for pregnant and breastfeeding parents.
NYC Breastfeeding Warmline
The NYC Breastfeeding Warmline provides free virtual breastfeeding support and answers to questions about feeding your baby.
You can schedule a video or phone meeting with a Certified Lactation Counselor.
All calls are confidential and one-on-one. Meetings are held using Zoom, a safe and secure platform that is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Breastfeeding support is available in:
- Haitian Creole
- Other languages, using interpretation services
- Agency: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Division: NYC Breastfeeding Warmline
- Phone Number: (646) 965-7212
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
- After hours or if you get the voicemail system, leave a message with your name, phone number, and ZIP code, and briefly describe your experience feeding your baby.