If you are a professional artist, you can get certified for a joint living-working space in specific lofts that are zoned for manufacturing. Zoning districts include M1-MA and M1-MB (SoHo and NoHo).

To qualify, you must be regularly engaged professionally in the fine, creative, or performance arts, such as:

  • Painting
  • Sculpture
  • Choreography
  • Film
  • Music composition


Learn about artist certification for joint living-working space.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No