The City's ApprenticeNYC for Advanced Manufacturing helps New Yorkers develop in-demand skills in a high-growth occupation.. The apprenticeship opportunity consists of two phases of full-time training.
During the Pre-Apprenticeship phase, you will interview with employers to be considered for the apprenticeship. This phase includes four weeks of independent and instructor-led online training.
During the Apprenticeship phase, you will receive eight weeks of paid, in-person training. The training will focus on practical learning and technical skills followed by 44 weeks of paid on-the-job training with an employer.
You would be considered an ideal candidate if you:
- Are 18 years and older
- A New York City resident
- Meet Federal Selective Service requirements (if applicable)
- Earn $50,000 or less (annually)
- Are committed to a long-term career in the Advanced Manufacturing sector
- Are comfortable with math and computers
- Like making things and working with your hands
- Can stand for long periods of time
No experience is necessary to apply.
You will receive a weekly stipend of $325 during the four weeks of pre-apprenticeship and a portion of your job search if you are not selected for the apprenticeship.
If you are selected, you will be paid a minimum of $17 per hour at a full-time scheduled by your employer. As you gain more skills, you receive several merit-based pay increases.
Learn more about ApprenticeNYC for Advanced Manufacturing.