Parents and child care professionals can get information about a child welfare case.

If you are a parent or grandparent, you can get information about a child welfare case that includes:

  • Child welfare procedures including letters verifying dates of foster care placement.
  • Visitation.
  • Custody issues.
  • Non-payment of foster care payments.
  • Other information about the Administration for Children's Services or Agency workers.


Get ACS child welfare case information.

By Phone

  • Agency: Administration for Children's Services
  • Division: Office of Advocacy
  • Phone Number: (212) 676-9421
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM

The City provides information about an active Children's Services case to staff at City agencies, foster care agencies, preventive service providers, and schools in New York City.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No