If you are an active member of the military (or a representative of one), you can request financial relief from debts owed to the Department of Finance.
You can apply for relief from:
- The annual property tax lien sale
- Excise and income tax warrants
- Environmental Control Board (ECB) judgments
- Parking ticket and camera violation judgments
Debt relief is provided under the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act.
To be eligible, you must be one of the following:
- An active member of the military
- A reservist ordered to report for induction or for military service
- A service member's spouse or registered domestic partner
- A service member's dependent, such as an unmarried child under the age of 18, an unmarried child and full-time student between ages 18 to 23, or others for whom the service member provided at least 50% of their support for 180 days before the date of the application.