The IDNYC card helps connect New Yorkers to more services, programs, and benefits offered by the City and by private organizations.
- Entry into City buildings
- Access to City services
- Serving as your Health + Hospitals (H+H) patient ID card
- Proof of identity to City agencies, schools, and police
- Serving as your library card for all public libraries
- Proof of identity for taking the High School Equivalency Exam
- Cultural institution memberships
- Citywide entertainment discounts
- Discounts on select health and fitness centers
- Grocery discounts at participating stores
- Pharmacy discounts
- Transportation discounts
- Additional discounts and services for those with a veteran designation
The IDNYC card does NOT allow the card holder to:
- Buy alcohol or tobacco
- Apply for public assistance
- Travel by airplane
The IDNYC card does not confer immigration status or provide work authorization.
It does not provide proof of identity to obtain a driver’s license or a non-driver State ID.
Learn more about IDNYC benefits.