The IDNYC card helps connect New Yorkers to more services, programs, and benefits offered by the City and by private organizations.
- Entry into City buildings
- Access to City services
- Serving as your Health + Hospitals (H+H) patient ID card
- Proof of identity to City agencies, schools, and police
- Serving as your library card for all public libraries
- Proof of identity for taking the High School Equivalency Exam
- Cultural institution memberships
- Citywide entertainment discounts
- Discounts on select health and fitness centers
- Grocery discounts at participating stores
- Pharmacy discounts
- Transportation discounts
- Additional discounts and services for those with a veteran designation
Many IDNYC benefit partners will honor cards that have expired after March 12, 2020. Cardholders are encouraged to contact individual benefit partners as hours of operation and acceptance of IDNYC to access benefits may have temporarily changed.
The IDNYC card does NOT allow the card holder to:
- Buy alcohol or tobacco
- Apply for public assistance
- Travel by airplane
The IDNYC card does not confer immigration status or provide work authorization.
It does not provide proof of identity to obtain a driver’s license or a non-driver State ID.
Learn more about IDNYC benefits.