Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
Computer-Based Testing and Application Centers (CTACs) are open for civil service testing, except for the Bronx location.
CTACs are open for in-person assistance by appointment only. You can make a customer service appointment using the Online Application System (OASys).
Face coverings are required for entry.
You can find general career information through NYC Jobs, the City's official government jobs website. You can also learn about and apply for open jobs and civil service exams across City agencies. Most positions in New York City government are filled through civil service exams.
You can learn more about civil service exams and upcoming tests, including:
- Exam Results (including MTA Transit exams)
- Which exams are open for filing
- How to order exam applications by automated phone system
- How to get duplicate notices of exam results
- What to do about missed interviews
- How to become a test proctor
You can apply online for certain civil service exams. You can pay the exam fee by credit card or bank card.
The CityStore does not sell Civil Service test study guides. You may check your local bookstore for materials.
Visit NYC Jobs.
View the monthly DCAS civil service exam schedule.
Learn more about taking civil service exams.
- Agency: Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Division: Human Capital Civil Service IVR System
- Phone Number: (212) 669-1357
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours.