Call 911
Call 911 to report a downed power line.

Need something else?

You can report a problem with a street light to the Department of Transportation (DOT).

You must provide a location of the street light condition. You do not need to leave contact information. If you provide an e-mail address, you will receive a service request confirmation email.

Street lights turn on at dusk. You can report street light conditions on all City roadways and pathways, including:

  • Highways
  • Streets
  • Paths in parks
  • Playgrounds
  • Parking lots in public parks
  • Golf courses

Street light conditions include:

  • On during the day
  • Burned out
  • Flickering/cycling on and off
  • Leaning pole
  • Exposed electrical wires in the base of the street light

DOT responds to most street light conditions within 10 days.

Street light outages due to nearby construction, ConEd power issues, an obstruction in the base, or where a new street light or traffic foundation is needed may take longer to resolve.

Orange Light Over Luminaire

Orange lights over luminaires designate the location or intersection with fire or police alarm call boxes.

Follow Up on Street Light Outages

To get information about a street light that has been out for more than 90 days, contact the appropriate Borough Commissioner Office.

Sneakers or other hanging objects do not obstruct the operation of a street light.

DOT does not accept reports of objects hanging from a street light.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No