The Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) has launched NYC: ATWORK, the first public-private partnership for employment for New Yorkers with disabilities.
As a part of this initiative, the program has put together a Business Development Council (BDC). The BDC is a coalition of over 60 businesses from public and private sectors looking to hire people with disabilities to fill entry and managerial positions.
Resources available for jobseekers include:
- Professional Connections:
- Employment opportunities within the BDC
- Employment opportunities within City government (55-a)
- Targeted recruitment events held by employers
- Professional Development:
- Guidance on resumes and cover letters
- Employer feedback on relevant job applications
- Employer-led skills workshops
- Practice interviews (with feedback)
- Disclosure and reasonable accommodations
- Exploratory Opportunities:
- Informational interviews for potential careers
- Career mentoring days (job shadowing)
Learn more about NYC: ATWORK.