The refashionNYC service is a free and convenient way to donate and recycle clothing, shoes, linens, and accessories.
You can enroll your building to receive a refashionNYC collection bin. When the bin is full, you can contact the Department of Sanitation to request a free pickup.
The service is available to:
- Apartment buildings with over 10 units
- Office buildings
- Commercial businesses (such as fashion industry, storage facilities, gyms, laundromats, and hotels)
- Schools and institutions
Learn more about refashionNYC.
Enroll your building in refashionNYC.
Learn about ReFashion Week NYC 2020.
The refashionNYC donation bin is offered in two sizes:
- Small (2 feet deep x 4 feet wide x 6 feet high)
- Large (3 1/2 feet deep x 4 feet wide x 6 feet high)
RefashionNYC Bin Assistance
You can contact the Department of Sanitation for assistance with refashionNYC bins.
- Request pickup for a full bin (guaranteed within five business days)
- Get tax receipts
- Have a bin removed from your building
- Opt out of the clothing recycling service
Contact Sanitation by email at refashionNYC@dsny.nyc.gov.
You can get a brochure from Sanitation that explains how to recycle clothing, linens, shoes and accessories through the refashionNYC program.
To get a copy, click on the below link and click the "Reuse and Donate" button.
To have the brochure mailed to an address outside the five boroughs, you must order it online yourself. It cannot be ordered over the phone for you.
Get the refashionNYC brochure.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert