The refashionNYC service is a free and convenient way to donate and recycle clothing, shoes, linens, and accessories.
You can enroll your building to receive a refashionNYC collection bin. When the bin is full, you can contact the Department of Sanitation to request a free pickup.
The service is available to:
- Apartment buildings with over 10 units
- Office buildings
- Commercial businesses (such as fashion industry, storage facilities, gyms, laundromats, and hotels)
- Schools and institutions
Learn more about refashionNYC.
Enroll your building in refashionNYC.
The refashionNYC donation bin is offered in two sizes:
- Small (2 feet deep x 4 feet wide x 6 feet high)
- Large (3 1/2 feet deep x 4 feet wide x 6 feet high)
RefashionNYC Bin Assistance
You can contact the Department of Sanitation for assistance with refashionNYC bins.
- Request pickup for a full bin (guaranteed within five business days)
- Get tax receipts
- Have a bin removed from your building
- Opt out of the clothing recycling service
Contact Sanitation by email at refashionNYC@dsny.nyc.gov.
You can get a brochure from Sanitation that explains how to recycle clothing, linens, shoes, and accessories through the refashionNYC program.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert