The City hires temporary snow laborers to remove snow and ice from bus stops, crosswalks, fire hydrants, and other locations throughout the City.
You can register from the third Monday in October through March 15 at any Department of Sanitation (DSNY) and select Department of Transportation (DOT) garages. Garage locations are available when registration is open.
In order to register, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to perform heavy physical labor
To register, you must bring:
- Two small photos (1.5 inch square)
- The photos must be the same style as those used for a passport.
- Social security card
- Two forms of identification (original and copy). Examples include:
- Driver license
- School photo ID
- IDNYC card
Pay is $15 per hour and increases to $22.50 per hour after working 40 hours a week. Payment is made by check and normally takes about 4 to 6 weeks, but it can take up to 12 weeks.