The Department of Sanitation (DSNY) hires temporary snow laborers to remove snow and ice from bus stops, crosswalks, fire hydrants, and other locations throughout the City.
You can register to be a snow laborer if you are:
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to perform heavy physical labor
Registration is now open. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, you must schedule a registration appointment online and follow health and safety protocols, including wearing a mask or face covering, while at the appointment.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Two small photos (1.5 inch square)
- The photos must be the same style as those used for a passport.
- Social security card
- Two forms of identification (original and copy), such as:
- Driver license
- School photo ID
- IDNYC card
You should not attend the appointment if you:
- Have any COVID-19 symptoms,
- Recently traveled to a state with high rates of COVID-19 transmission, or
- Recently had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Pay is $15 per hour and increases to $22.50 per hour after working 40 hours a week. Payment is made by check and normally takes about 4 to 6 weeks, but it can take up to 12 weeks.
Schedule a registration appointment.