Need something else?

You can request the removal of trash or debris on the street, including:

  • Broken glass
  • Debris from a car accident
  • Dirt or gravel
  • Dumped garbage

The City’s response depends on the location.

You can report trash or debris in the driving or biking lane of a City street.

If the street is the target of chronic illegal dumping, you can also request surveillance on the Illegal Dumping page.

Call 311 for assistance.

Traffic island and median complaints are routed differently depending on if there is landscaping on the site. Landscaped traffic islands or medians have benches or planted trees, shrubs, or flowers.

Without Landscaping

You can report trash or debris on an unlandscaped traffic island or median to the Department of Sanitation (DSNY).

Call 311 for assistance.

With Landscaping

You can report trash or debris on landscaped traffic islands or medians to the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR).