Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
Access-A-Ride has resumed scheduling shared rides. Customers can book travel with a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) and one guest in all cases, and additional guests will be accommodated on a space available basis.
Need something else?
- Fair Fares NYC for information about discounted travel for Access-A-Ride customers
- Taxi Complaint to report a problem with a TLC Taxi arranged by Access-A-Ride
- Taxi Lost and Found to report lost or found property in a TLC Taxi arranged by Access-A-Ride
Access-A-Ride provides transportation for people with disabilities whose disability prevents their use of accessible mass transit, public bus, or subway service for some or all trips. Access-A-Ride is operated by private carriers under contract to the City.
The current fare for Paratransit/Access-A-Ride is $2.75.
- Get eligibility, fare, trip scheduling, and all other service information for Access-A-Ride
- Request assistance with lost or found property
- Make a comment or complaint about Access-A-Ride
If you would like help with filling out an application you can call Access-A-Ride to speak with an agent. Information about the application process is also available online.
Please note that lost or found property claims must be filed by phone.
Get more information about Access-A-Ride.
Learn how to schedule and manage your trips.
Make a comment or complaint about Access-A-Ride.
- Agency: Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Division: Access-A-Ride
- Phone Number: (718) 393-4999
- Business Hours: Daily: 7 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours. Automated assistance is also available in Spanish. If you get a busy signal, call (877) 337-2017.