Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
As of Tuesday, July 6, Access-A-Ride will return to scheduling shared rides. Customers will again be able to book travel with a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) and one guest in all cases, and additional guests will be accommodated on a space available basis.
Masks are required on paratransit vehicles.
Need something else?
- Fair Fares NYC for information about discounted travel for Access-A-Ride customers
Access-A-Ride provides transportation for people with disabilities whose disability prevents their use of accessible mass transit, public bus, or subway service for some or all trips. Access-A-Ride is operated by private carriers under contract to the City.
The current fare for Paratransit/Access-A-Ride is $2.75.
You can get eligibility, fare, trip scheduling, and all other service information for Access-A-Ride. You can also request assistance with lost or found property, or make a complaint about Access-A-Ride.
If you would like help with filling out an application you can call Access-A-Ride to speak with an agent. Information about the application process is also available online.
Get more information about Access-A-Ride.
Make a comment or complaint about Access-A-Ride.
- Agency: Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Division: Access-A-Ride
- Phone Number: (718) 393-4999
- Business Hours: Daily: 7 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours. Automated assistance is also available in Spanish. If you get a busy signal, call (877) 337-2017.