Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
The following change is in effect for the duration of the Coronavirus emergency:
- The hours of operation for the location where clients can get an Electronic Benefit Card (EBT) are now Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM to 5 PM, except City holidays.
Please note that the Manhattan location has permanently closed.
Applicants who have been approved for benefits will receive an EBT card in the mail. If your EBT card has not yet arrived and you cannot wait for it, you can go to the Brooklyn Over-the-Counter (OTC) site for your permanent card, or an open HRA location for a temporary card that will have all benefits available until your EBT card arrives. Your valid photo ID is required to receive a card.
Visit the HRA Center Locations website for more information.
Permanent replacement EBT cards can only be sent via the mail or picked up at the Brooklyn OTC site.
If your Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card for Cash Assistance or SNAP is lost, stolen, or defective, you can get a replacement.
Visit the ConnectEBT website.
- Agency: Human Resources Administration
- Division: Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Customer Service
- Phone Number: (888) 328-6399
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours.
Visit the Brooklyn Over-the-Counter (OTC) site, located at 227 Schermerhorn Street. Your valid photo ID is required to receive a same day replacement card.
What Happens Next
If you make your request online or by phone it will take from 7 to 10 business days for you to get your replacement card. Replacement cards can only be mailed to the address on record.