Applicants who have been approved for Cash Assistance or SNAP (food stamps) benefits will receive an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card in the mail.
If your EBT card is lost, stolen, defective, or never received, you can submit a replacement request online or by phone. You can also pick up a permanent replacement card in person.
If you make your request online or by phone, it will take from 7 to 10 business days for you to get your replacement card. Replacement cards can only be mailed to the address on record.
Permanent replacement EBT cards can only be sent by mail or picked up at the Brooklyn OTC site.
Visit the ConnectEBT website.
- Agency: New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance
- Division: Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Customer Service
- Phone Number: (888) 328-6399
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours.
Visit the Brooklyn Over-the-Counter (OTC) site for a permanent replacement EBT card. The site is located at 227 Schermerhorn Street. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
You can also go to an open HRA location for a temporary card that will have all benefits available until your EBT card arrives. Visit the HRA Center Locations website for more information.
You must bring a valid photo ID in order to receive a same day replacement card.