Need something else?

The City inspects and replaces sewer and water mains located in the street on a set schedule and does not accept reports from the public.

A damaged sewer line that connects a house to a street is the responsibility of the property owner and not the City. A licensed plumber must be hired to make the repairs. A licensed plumber will obtain all necessary permits to properly repair the problem.

Sewer problems on Roosevelt Island are handled differently than sewer problems in other parts of the City. A private company called the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation accepts reports about Roosevelt Island sewer problems.

  • Agency: Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation
  • Phone Number: (212) 832-4540
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM