Need something else?

You can report the illegal use of housing—including apartments, co-ops, condos, single family homes, two family homes, and multi-family homes—for short-term rentals of less than 30 days. Frequently referred to as “illegal hotels” or “home-sharing”, these rentals are often advertised on internet platforms such as Airbnb, VRBO, FlipKey, and, among others.

When reporting, please be prepared to provide the location address and apartment or floor number of the unit being used for short-term stays, as well as any online rental listings, advertisements, and specific web addresses.

You also can report illegal short term rentals of non-residential space, such as commercial or industrial space, storage space, basement, cellars, attics, garages or other storage spaces.

These reports are submitted to the Department of Buildings and are handled by the Office of Special Enforcement (OSE).

Visit the Office of Special Enforcement (OSE) website.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No