Call 911
Call 911 to report natural gas odors or other potential gas leaks.

Need something else?

You can report a sewage odor or gasoline, kerosene, or another chemical smell coming from a catch basin or sewer.

What You Need

You must provide your contact information so DEP can contact you, if necessary. DEP cannot action the Service Request without it.

Report a smell coming from a catch basin or sewer:

Picture or Video Attachments

Picture or video attachments may be used for informational purposes only. A condition must be observed in person by a DEP inspector for a summons or Commissioner's order to be issued.

The City does not respond to catch basin or sewer problems on Roosevelt Island. You can report the problem directly by phone.

  • Agency: Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation
  • Phone Number: (212) 832-4540
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No