The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has required that all public housing be smoke-free by July 30, 2018.
The new policy prohibits the use of cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and hookah pipes in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) indoor common areas, within public housing units, in administrative offices, and in outdoor areas within 25 feet of NYCHA buildings.
If you have a question or comment about the policy, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about NYCHA's Smoke-Free Policy.
You can make a complaint to the NYCHA Customer Contact Center about smoking in all apartments, outdoor areas within 25 feet of any public housing building, in lobbies, stairwells, and on roofs.
- Agency: New York City Housing Authority
- Division: Maintenance Hotline
- Phone Number: (718) 707-7771
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Staff is available at all times to handle emergencies and schedule routine maintenance repairs for Mon - Fri: 6:00 AM - midnight. Automated assistance is also available in Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish.