Private Beach or Pool

You can make a complaint to the Department of Health about absent or untrained lifeguards at private beaches and pools in the City.

Public Beach or Pool

Complaints against lifeguards at public beaches or pools in the City are investigated by the Department of Parks and Recreation.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No