You can report dust from roadwork, construction, demolition, renovation, or another source.

What You Need

You must provide your contact information so DEP can contact you, if necessary. DEP cannot action the Service Request without it.

Report poor air quality outdoors due to dust from:

Picture or Video Attachments

Picture or video attachments may be used for informational purposes only. A condition must be observed in person by a DEP inspector for a summons or Commissioner's order to be issued.

The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) accepts reports from tenants about dust from construction or renovation work being performed in residential buildings as well in commercial and other non-residential buildings. You can report construction dust anywhere inside the building, including inside an apartment, the lobby, and other common areas. The City will review your report and may inspect the property.

The dust must be from new or ongoing construction or renovation which is taking place inside the building.

Your report should provide the following:

  • Your complete address, including apartment number, and a contact phone number or e-mail address.
  • Your landlord or management company's name and address. 

Anonymous complaints are accepted unless you are reporting construction dust inside of your apartment. DOHMH needs your contact information to inspect your apartment. If you provide your name and contact information, it will not be shared with your landlord or management company.

You can report construction dust in a:

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No