You can report missing or damaged structures on streets or highways that are used to reduce the impact of vehicles. These structures include foam, water, and sand-filled barrels, and crash cushions, and concrete barriers. 

The Department of Transportation (DOT) also accepts reports of guard rails that are loose, bent, protruding, missing, or defective.

Any service road and the following are considered streets, not highways. Please report problems on these roads as street complaints:

  • Bronx: Mount Eden Parkway and Pelham Parkway
  • Brooklyn: Eastern Parkway, Fort Hamilton Parkway, Kings Highway, and Ocean Parkway
  • Manhattan: Westside (Joe DiMaggio)
  • Queens: Conduit

Report a problem on a street:

Report a problem on a highway:

You can report missing, damaged, or poorly located concrete barriers on streets to the Department of Transportation (DOT).

DOT will respond to requests within 12 weeks of receipt.


Contact the Department of Transportation.

By Mail

Mail your request to:

Department of Transportation Commissioner
55 Water Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10041

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No