Need something else?

  • Dumping in Catch Basin for cooking grease or oil, or other liquids being dumped in a catch basin or street sewer grate
  • Oil Spill to report automotive, heating, or industrial oil spill at a street, facility, apartment building, or private home

You can report a spill of chemicals or other hazardous material on a street, highway, sidewalk, or indoors.

You can learn more and get assistance with a leaking or damaged home heating oil tank.

You also can get help with a chemical spill in your home or backyard.

Learn about oil and chemical spills.

You can report oil and chemical spills by phone.

  • Agency: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
  • Division: Spill Hotline
  • Phone Number: (800) 457-7362
  • Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week