Need something else?

You can report a litter basket that is:

  • Missing
  • Overflowing
  • Being used for household or commercial waste

You can also report a broken Big Belly solar trash can.

You can request a replacement for a missing litter basket.

You can report a public litter basket that's completely full or overflowing.

What You Need

Please describe in your complaint if:

  • Trash is blowing into the street or onto the sidewalk
  • There is trash or trash bags on the ground around the bin

Litter baskets are for pedestrians to throw away light trash. The baskets can’t be used to dispose of household or commercial waste. Businesses are required by law to dispose of waste by contracting with a private carter or by hauling their own waste to an authorized disposal site.

You can report people or businesses who are misusing litter baskets.

What You Need

Your report must include:

  • Address where the trash is coming from
  • Litter basket location
  • Name of the business if the basket is in front of a business
  • Type of materials being thrown out
  • Timeframe and days when the basket is misused

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report a broken or malfunctioning Big Belly solar trash can.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No