You can file a complaint against a commercial business if:
- The business has no private carter
- The private carter decal is not posted
- There is improper disposal of commercial garbage
To report improper disposal of commercial garbage, you must have two addresses:
- Where the garbage came from
- Where the garbage was improperly disposed
What Happens Next
The Department of Sanitation responds to commercial garbage disposal reports in 3 to 7 business days.
Private Carter Decal Posting Requirements
Businesses that use the services of a private carter must post a decal that clearly states the carter's name and the days and times that the refuse is picked up. Businesses without decals are subject to a fine.
Businesses that transport their refuse personally must post their Business Integrity Commission Self-Hauler registration.