You can report noise or a bad smell from a wastewater treatment plant, sewage treatment plant, or pumping station.

Learn about the wastewater treatment system.


Hunts Point
1270 Ryawa Avenue
Bronx, New York 10474


26th Ward
122-66 Flatlands Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11207

Coney Island
2591 Knapp Street
Brooklyn, New York 11235

Newtown Creek
329 Greenpoint Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11222

Owls Head
6700 Shore Road
Brooklyn, New York 11220

Red Hook
63 Flushing Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11205


North River
725 W. 135th Street
New York, New York 10031

Wards Island
Wards Island, New York 10035


Bowery Bay
43-01 Berrian Boulevard
Astoria, New York 11105

150-20 134th Street
Jamaica, Queens New York 11430

106-21 Beach Channel Drive
Rockaway, New York 11694

Tallman Island
127-01 Powell Cove Boulevard
College Point, New York 11356

Staten Island

Oakwood Beach
751 Mill Road
Staten Island, New York 10306

Port Richmond
1801 Richmond Terrace
Staten Island, New York 10310

If you have submitted a noise service request to the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), you can request a Noise Inspection Report (NIR) be sent to you.

DEP responds to service requests for noise from:

  • Air Conditioner or Ventilation Equipment
  • Boats
  • Chronic Alarms
  • Construction
  • Dog or Other Animals
  • Factories
  • Ice Cream Trucks
  • Lawn Equipment
  • Private Garbage Trucks
  • Wastewater Treatment Plants

To have the NIR sent to you, you must include:

  • The service request number
  • An email or mailing address

The NIR will be sent to you 14 days after the inspection has been completed. Requests submitted with insufficient information cannot be fulfilled.


Email DEP to request a Noise Inspection Report.

Use "Request for Information" as Message Type and "Noise Control" as Message Topic.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No