NY Connects provides free information about the range of supports to help people remain independent in their daily life, whether they want to live in their home, a nursing home or other residential setting. The program is available to children and adults of all ages, regardless of disability, income level, or whether or not they have insurance.
NY Connects staff provide referrals for support and services for people who require care, as well as for their caregivers and health professionals.
NY Connects can:
- Find out if you are eligible for public entitlements
- Connect you to support groups, including those for caregivers
- Connect you to home-based services
- Direct you to relevant financial and legal information
- Help you move to your home from a hospital or nursing home
There is a NY Connects site in each borough. Staff members can offer useful information and connect you to local services and programs.
You can get help by phone, email, and in person. NY Connects welcomes walk-ins at all of its facilities.