Homeowners or small business owners who are applying for permits to demolish, construct, or make repairs related to Hurricane Ida damage will have their fees waived through the Department of Buildings or Department of Environmental Protection for asbestos removal.

You need a permit to construct, alter, or change the use of buildings and structures.

How to Apply


To apply for a permit, you can electronically file through DOB NOW.

An eFiling account is required to submit filings in DOB NOW.

Register with eFiling.

File a job through DOB NOW.

In Person

You can download the PW1 Plan/Work Approval Application form online, and submit it to the DOB Borough office where the work is being done.

Download PW1 Application form.

Find a DOB Borough Office.

Get Help

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No