Need something else?

You can get caregiving support if:

  • You are caring for a relative or friend who is 60 or older and/or has Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia, or
  • You are a 55 or older grandparent or kinship caregiver (not a parent) providing care to a grandchild or a child under the age of 18, or
  • You are 55 or older and providing care to a disabled adult between ages 19 to 59.

Referrals to services and support are provided by community-based organizations. Caregiving support includes:

  • Information
  • Assistance applying for benefits and entitlements
  • In-home care
  • Overnight care
  • Care supplies or other care related items
  • Counseling
  • Support Groups
  • Training​

Get information about resources for caregivers.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No