The NYC Compost Project offers compost-related workshops and classes throughout the five boroughs. The Project also:
- Operates the Master Composter Certificate Program
- Provides technical support
- Distributes Department of Sanitation compost and mulch
- Develops urban farms
- Conducts outreach at public events
The Project also runs neighborhood-based food scrap drop-off opportunities, ensuring that those food scraps are composted locally. The project has been funded and managed by the Department of Sanitation's Bureau of Waste Prevention, Reuse and Recycling since 1993.
You can get assistance with:
- Composting workshops
- Technical assistance for home or community-based composting
- Neighborhood-based food waste drop-off sites
- Finding locations to purchase different compost bins and accessories and learning how to work with them
- Master Composter Certificate Course
- Sustainable lawncare
- Volunteer opportunities
- Compost and mulch distribution
Learn more about the NYC Compost Project.
Call 311 for assistance by phone.