Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
To avoid the need for in-person visits to the Department of Probation's offices, until further notice:
- All in-person office visits are canceled. Clients will be contacted by phone or text for alternative reporting arrangements.
- All scheduled group activities and events taking place at these locations are canceled.
Nutrition Kitchen (food pantry) remains available to the community and has expanded their hours.
The Department of Probation (DOP) supervises people that were placed on probation by the Criminal and Supreme Courts in New York City. It also supervises probationers from other counties and states.
Probation Supervision promotes public safety by encouraging probationers to become law-abiding members of the community. DOP makes sure that offenders meet any conditions set by the judge, including:
- Finding or keeping a job
- Making restitution payments to victims
- Performing community service
- Submitting to drug-testing
- Participating in drug or alcohol-abuse treatment
Probationers who will not or cannot lead a law-abiding life are returned to the court.
Learn more about adult probation supervision.
You can contact a borough probation office to find out the name and phone number of your probation officer. You can also get borough office locations and hours.
Get contact information for adult probation supervision.
Call 311 for assistance by phone.