You can schedule an appointment with a New York City Financial Empowerment Center Counselor.
Counselors can help you:
- Take control of your debt
- Deal with debt collectors
- Improve your credit
- Create a budget
- Open a bank account
- Start an emergency fund
- Save and plan for your future
Financial counseling is free and confidential. Professional counselors speak multiple languages.
Same-day, walk-in appointments are possible if counselors are available.
Financial Empowerment Centers are run by the Department of Consumer Affairs Office of Financial Empowerment, in partnership with:
- Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation
- Urban Upbound
- The Financial Clinic
- Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners
- Phipps Neighborhoods
Find a Financial Empowerment Center near you or book an appointment online.