Products prohibited for sale to anyone under 21 include:
- Any products containing tobacco, including cigarettes, little cigars, cigars, shisha, chewing tobacco, powdered tobacco, snus, bidis, or gutka
- Electronic cigarettes, including component parts and liquid nicotine
- Products that are used for smoking but do not contain tobacco, including herbal cigarettes, non-tobacco shisha, pipes, rolling paper, water pipes, hookah, vaporizer, or any other device, equipment, or apparatus designed for the inhalation of tobacco
Products prohibited for sale to anyone under 19 include:
Products prohibited for sale to anyone under 18 include:
- Aerosol spray paint products, box cutters, or etching acid
As of January 1, 2019, pharmacies and businesses that contain pharmacies are banned from selling tobacco products and electronic cigarettes.
You can report tobacco and electronic cigarette sellers in New York City that:
- Sell tobacco products, non-tobacco smoking products, or electronic cigarettes to people under age 21
- Fail to post the required Age Restriction Sign, a white card with red letters
What Happens Next
If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. You may also be emailed a complaint form, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.