Call 911
Call 911 to report natural gas odors or other potential gas leaks.

Need something else?

  • Chemical Spill to report chemicals or other hazardous material on a street, highway, or sidewalk

You can report a chemical safety problem, including:

  • An odor that seems suspicious, dangerous, or out of place
  • Bad indoor air quality from chemical odors, vapors, or soot
  • Chemicals that are abandoned or left out
  • Unsafe storage that could lead to explosions or dangerous chemical reactions; this includes containers of chemicals that are missing the containment area around the tank, stored next to incompatible chemicals, stacked unsafely, or leaking

Report chemicals that are:

You can report bad air quality inside a building due to chemical odors, vapors, or soot. These conditions must originate within the building.

Your report should include the following:

  • Your complete address, including apartment number, and a contact phone number or e-mail address.
  • Your landlord or management company's name and address.

Anonymous complaints are accepted. If you provide your name and contact information, it will not be shared with your landlord or management company.

You can report an odor that seems suspicious, dangerous, or out of place.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No