Call 911
Call 911 if building is dangerous or will collapse.

Need something else?

You can report a building that is:

  • Shaking or Vibrating
  • Leaning
  • Has a defective or cracked building exterior façade

Include in your report, if possible:

  • What is compromising the building's integrity
  • The location of the structural instability
  • The location of the crack or gap and whether it is horizontal or vertical

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report the problem.

What Happens Next

The Department of Buildings issues violations when appropriate.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No