Call 911
Call 911 to report natural gas odors or other potential gas leaks.

Need something else?

You can report an improper or defective gas piping or hookup. Improper gas piping and hookups include those installed without a permit or by an unlicensed worker.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report the problem.

What Happens Next

The Department of Buildings issues violations when appropriate.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No