Call 911
Call 911 if building is dangerous or will collapse.

Need something else?

  • Unstable Building to report an existing building that is shaking, vibrating, leaning, or has a defective or cracked exterior facade

You can report a new building under construction that is unsafe.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report the problem or request a permit.

What Happens Next

The Department of Buildings issues violations when appropriate.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No