You must have a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit to serve food or drinks, including bottled water, from a fixed booth or stand for a special event or celebration. You can use your permit to participate in special events throughout the year, but if you want to participate in more than one event at the same time, you need an additional permit for each additional event.

Examples of events include street fairs or festivals on:

  • Public property
  • City parks
  • City streets
  • City boardwalks
  • Private property that are open to the public


The annual fee for a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit is $70.

Expiration Date

The permit expires 1 year after the date it is issued.

You will have to complete an application and bring it to the Department of Consumer Affairs Licensing Center or the NYC Small Business Support Center.

  • DCA Licensing Center
    42 Broadway
    New York, NY 10004
    Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
    Wed: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
  • ​NYC Small Business Support Center
    90-27 Sutphin Boulevard, 4th Floor
    Jamaica, NY 11435
    Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM

The centers are closed on major holidays. If you need to take an exam, you should arrive before 3 PM.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to request a paper copy.

You can get the status of your application.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

If you’re using the NYC Health Department online license and permit system, you can get help with:

  • Renewing your permit
  • Payment problems
  • Obtaining a PIN
  • Linking or relinking a PIN
  • Resetting user names or passwords
  • Problems uploading documents
  • Error messages
  • Web page not loading
  • Button not responding


Submit a help request online.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

You can get answers to license-specific questions and information about application requirements.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for assistance.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No