Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
- You must apply or renew online; in-person submission is not available and applications submitted by mail will not be processed.
- Online applications will be reviewed and processed if complete.
- Permits or licenses are not being mailed; if your online application is approved and you provide your email address, you will get your permit by email.
- All NYC Health Department licenses and permits that will expire or require renewal are extended for the duration of the State of Emergency in accordance with Emergency Executive Order 107.
Visit the Department of Health's permits and licenses page for the latest updates.
Read Executive Order 107.
You must have a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit to serve food or drinks, including bottled water, from a fixed booth or stand in connection with a special event or celebration. You can use your permit to participate in special events throughout the year, however, if you want to participate in more than one event at the same time, you need an additional permit for each additional event.
Examples of events include street fairs or festivals on:
- Public property
- City parks
- City streets
- City boardwalks
- Private property that are open to the public
The annual fee for a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit is $70.
The license expires 1 year after the date it is issued.