Need something else?
- Bulk Item Disposal to schedule an appointment for non-recyclable bulk items larger than 4 feet by 3 feet
- Wood Disposal for missed wood collection in Brooklyn or Queens
- Electronics Disposal to reschedule an e-waste pickup for electronics in Staten Island, Brooklyn, or Western Queens
You can report that your garbage, recycling, organics, or bulk items were not picked up on your service day starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Bulk Item Complaints
To report a missed bulk collection, you must have your Service Request number. If you don’t, schedule another appointment.
If the item is 4 feet by 3 feet and larger and is not recyclable, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your scheduled appointment. You should make an appointment to have such items removed.
For smaller bulk garbage items and recyclable bulk items, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Report a Missed Collection
To make a complaint, items must:
- Be from a residential building or a non-profit organization that receives collection services from the Department of Sanitation
- Be placed out properly between 4 PM and midnight the day before the scheduled collection day
- Remain curbside
Reports are not accepted if:
- Your scheduled service day was suspended due to a City holiday, winter snowstorm operation, or other event
- Items were put out late or on the wrong day
- Items were put out incorrectly (for example, an uncovered mattress)
- The trash included branches 1/2 inch in diameter or larger (Brooklyn and Queens only)
- Items were not placed curbside
Call 311 for missed wood collection in Manhattan and Staten Island.
What Happens Next
Once you make a complaint, leave your garbage curbside.
The Department of Sanitation will respond within 1 to 2 business days after receiving your report.