Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
Trash and recycling collections may be delayed. If your items are not picked up, you may leave them out. Continue to follow your normal schedule and place your material at the curb between 4 PM and midnight the evening before your collection day.
Need something else?
- Bulk Item Disposal to schedule an appointment for non-recyclable bulk items larger than 4 feet by 3 feet
You can report that your trash, recycling, or bulk items were not picked up on your service day starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Bulk Item Missed Collections
To report a missed collection of non-recyclable bulk items that are 4 feet by 3 feet and larger, you must have your Service Request number. If you don’t, schedule another appointment.
If your bulk items were not picked up by Sanitation on the day of your appointment, you can leave them at the curb or alley where you usually put your items out and file a missed collection complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your scheduled appointment.
For smaller bulk trash items and recyclable bulk items, you can make a complaint starting at 8 AM the day after your service day.
Report a Missed Collection
To make a complaint, items must:
- Be from a residential building or a non-profit organization that receives collection services from the Department of Sanitation
- Be placed out properly between 4 PM and midnight the day before the scheduled collection day
- Remain curbside
Reports are not accepted if:
- Your scheduled service day was suspended due to a City holiday, winter snowstorm operation, or other event
- Items were put out late or on the wrong day
- Items were put out incorrectly (for example, an uncovered mattress)
- Items were not placed curbside
What Happens Next
Once you make a complaint, leave your trash and recycling curbside.
The Department of Sanitation will respond within 1 to 2 business days after receiving your report.