You can get information and assistance with:

  • Annual boiler inspections
  • Requesting an inspection of a recently installed or replaced boiler
  • Lifting a Cease Use order from the Boiler Division

The Department of Buildings (DOB) requires an annual boiler inspection report before the end of each calendar year for low pressure boilers located in:

  • Residential buildings with 6 or more units
  • Residential buildings classified as Single Room Occupancy (SRO)
  • Commercial or mixed-use buildings

Domestic hot water heaters with more than 350,000 BTUs also require annual inspections.

Annual boiler inspection reports are submitted by a licensed professional online in the DOB NOW: Safety portal.

Submit compliance filings, register for DOB NOW: Safety, or get additional information.

A licensed professional can request an inspection for a recently installed or replaced boiler under an active DOB permit online in the DOB NOW: Inspections portal.

Submit inspection requests, register for DOB NOW: Inspections, or get additional information.

You can request a re-inspection to lift a Cease Use order from the Boiler Division by calling the Boilers Technical Unit.

  • Agency: Department of Buildings
  • Division: Boiler Technical Unit
  • Phone Number: (212) 393-2784
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No