Welders must be licensed by the Department of Buildings (DOB) to perform structural welding work.


Submit license filings, register for DOB NOW: Licensing, or get additional information.

In Person

Department of Buildings' Licensing Office
55 Chambers Street, 1st Floor

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No