The City offers a voluntary Water and Sewer Line Protection Program in partnership with American Water Resources (AWR), designed to help protect New York City homeowners from the unexpected costs of water or sewer line repairs.
To be eligible, the property must:
- Be residential or mixed-use
- Be metered
- Have a single service line that is 2 inches or less wide
Delinquent accounts are not eligible for this program.
The monthly cost for this protection is:
- $4.49 for your water service line
- $8.47 for your sewer line
- $12.96 for both
This charge will be included in your regular water and sewer bill.
Learn more about the Water and Sewer Service Line Protection Program.
- Agency: American Water Resources
- Phone Number: (888) 300-3570
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM