Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
City restaurants and bars were allowed to reopen for outdoor dining in Phase 2. You can place temporary outdoor seating in front of your food establishment on the sidewalk or roadway by applying for the Open Restaurants Program.
Learn more about the program on the Open Restaurants page.
You can get information and resources to reopen and run your business safely, protect your staff and customers, and get financial assistance during the COVID-19 health emergency. Learn more on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Businesses page.
If you are an owner of a retail store or restaurant, you can get one-on-one consultations with City agency professionals that can help open, operate, or expand your business quickly and easily. This service is provided through the NYC Business Quick Start program.
During these one-on-one sessions, staff from the Department of Small Business Services can:
- Explain the City's rules for doing business and help you avoid violations
- Help you obtain licenses and permits
- Assist with problems affecting your operations, such as emergencies, utility shutdowns, and construction projects
To be eligible, the business must have a commercial lease. Businesses seeking to open a new location can also receive streamlined plan examinations, site walkthroughs by inspectors to help prepare for inspections, and inspections from agency professionals, such as the Fire Department of New York and the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Learn more about NYC Business Quick Start.
You can also send an email to email@example.com.
- Agency: Small Business Services
- Division: NYC Small Business Services Hotline
- Phone Number: 888-SBS-4NYC (888-727-4692)
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM