You can make a complaint with the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) about a utility company.

Utilities include:

  • Gas
  • Electric
  • Heat
  • Phone

Before filing a complaint, you should first try to resolve the problem with the utility company directly.

The Commission does not accept complaints about PSEG Long Island.


Submit a complaint to the PSC.

By Phone

  • Agency: New York State Public Service Commission
  • Division: Department of Complaints
  • Phone Number: (800) 342-3377
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 4 PM
  • Staff is available through the automated phone system during business hours.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No