The City issues tests for plumbers and licenses master plumbers. If you have qualified on the Department of Citywide Administrative Services plumbing examination, you are eligible to apply for a master plumber license from the Department of Buildings (DOB).

You must submit any new application, renewal, or reissuance online through DOB NOW: Licensing.


Learn how to become a master plumber.

Submit license filings, register for DOB NOW: Licensing, or get additional information.

Get help with Department of Buildings Self-Service Tools.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No