Need something else?

You can get naturalization records for the years 1800 to 1959. This documents citizenship. These are from the National Archives and Records Administration.  

You can also get immigration records for various ports for the years 1820 to 1982. 

Immigration records:  

  • Document foreign birthplaces 
  • Provide evidence of arrival in the United States


Get naturalization records.

Get immigration records.

By Phone

  • Agency: National Archives and Records Administration
  • Phone Number: (866) 272-6272
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

You can request a naturalization record from 1983 to the present through the New Americans Hotline. 

  • Agency: Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
  • Division: New Americans Hotline
  • Phone Number: (800) 566-7636
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 8 PM
  • You'll hear an automated message that will ask for your language. During business hours, you'll then be connected to an agent.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No