You must have a permit to install or replace machinery that burns # 4 or # 6 Oil or has a BTU input or gross output equal to or greater than 2.8 million BTUs.

Once the equipment is installed, the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) will inspect the equipment. If the equipment passes inspection, DEP will issue a Certificate to Operation.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No