Call 911 for emergency assistance if you or someone else is having suicidal thoughts or is in any other danger.
NYC Well is a free, confidential help line that can provide you with information and referrals to a variety of behavioral health care services. People with mental illnesses or who are in crisis will be connected to services that meet their specific needs.
NYC Well is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by trained mental health professionals who can help assess your situation and provide treatment referrals. NYC Well bases its referrals on several factors, including your health issues, location, and insurance and financial requirements.
The program can also provide text- or web-based counseling, using brief messages and online support. This can help you bridge any barriers to care and get help whenever you need it.
You can get information and counseling referrals for:
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Eating disorders
- Depression and bipolar disorders
- Anxiety, phobia, or panic disorders
- Family difficulties
- Schizophrenia and other psychoses
- Anger management
You can also go online for help navigating the city's mental health services. The website can match you with the right behavioral health resource based on your needs and preferences.
Learn more about NYC Well.
- Agency: Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Division: NYC Well Hotline
- Phone Number: (888) 692-9355
- Business Hours: 24 Hours
Family Resource Centers
Referrals to support, advocacy, respite care, recreational, and educational services are available for:
- Parents and caregivers whose children (0-24 years old) have been identified as having emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenges, or who are at risk for developing a disorder.
- Children, youth, and young adults transitioning to adult services who have been identified as having emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenges, or who are at risk for developing a disorder.