Medicare offers prescription drug insurance to Medicare participants. The drug program is called Medicare Part D.
You can get information about drug plan choices and enrollment assistance.
Local Information and Enrollment Sites
Medicare Part D Enrollment sites are available to assist seniors age 65 and older with their prescription drug questions and with signing up for a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan. Enrollment assistance is also provided if you have a disability and are enrolled in Medicare.
Enrollment sites can assist you if you are having problems with the drug plan you selected. They will also help if you have just become eligible for Medicare or will become eligible for Medicare soon.
Telephone and in-person counseling is available. Most offices require an appointment for in-person assistance.
What to Bring
You should bring the following to your appointment:
- A list of current prescriptions (You should get this from your pharmacist.)
- Medicare card
- A recent benefit/award letter from Social Security Administration
- Any other letter received about prescription drug coverage
National Medicare Help Line
You can get Medicare Part D enrollment assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the National Medicare Help Line. You can also make a complaint about fraud or drug plan marketing.
Learn more about Part D prescription drug coverage.
Recorded information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customer service representatives are also available 24/7, except on holidays.
Once you are connected, say “Drug Coverage” when prompted. After recorded information, live agents will be available.
- Agency: United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Division: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Phone Number: (800) 633-4227
- Business Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Staff is available through the automated phone system at all times except Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Automated assistance is also available in Spanish.