Need something else?

You can report an area where people repeatedly litter.

This also includes:

  • Property owners who sweep or blow trash or debris into the street
  • Landscapers who disperse yard waste in or around a sidewalk, curb, or street

You can’t report a one-time occurrence of littering.

Please note that if you're a property owner, you are responsible for keeping the sidewalks and gutters next to your property clean. You're responsible even if you reported littering. You may get a ticket for trash you should have cleared but didn't.

What You Need

You must provide:

  • Timeframe and the days of the week when littering occurs
  • Type of material being littered

What Happens Next

A Department of Sanitation (DSNY) enforcement agent will watch the location during the timeframe you provided. If the agent sees someone littering, they will give them a violation.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No